Monday, October 26, 2015

"Pedestrian vs Machine" Compose your Frame


After a walk and many different pictures this is the one that I ended up choosing. What is interesting is when I started my walk I didn’t know what I wanted to take a picture of for this assignment but then once I started taking different shots this type of shot started to speak to me a little more. I’ll explain what I mean.
So I was looking for pictures or different things I could take pictures of that included the things that we were supposed to be using in our analysis. I early on in my walk took a picture of a sign of someone walking.
Then I realized there was another sign with someone walking on it and it was the sign that I chose above. That wasn’t the first one I shot though. There were many more before it trying to find the right meaning and background. I ended up choosing the one you see at the top because I felt that it accurately portrayed what I felt that it should and that is the contrast between pedestrians and the machine world which we now live in.
The reason I first took the picture was because of the motion vector and also the index vector of the finger. I think you could even argue the graphic vector but I thought mostly of the motion and index vector. It portrays in this picture a contrast of motion vector with the car that is driving up the street. This is one of the things that tells me of the fight in this picture between man and machine. Also you have the motion vector of the person which goes right into the cross walk and into the giant line of cars waiting to go forward, these vehicles seeming to be inching forward in this still image. Almost ready to run anything over that crosses in front of them.
The diagonal lines here are the lines of cars and the lines in the street where the vehicles are sitting. These are not as noticeable as certain diagonal lines but never the less suit their purpose of the contrast which is portrayed here. I see a clear sidewalk and a very messy and congested street adding more to the contrast between the “clean” pedestrian and the “wild” machine.

I really enjoyed taking this walk because I felt that through the short walk I became team pedestrian and could see myself taking more pictures in a series of “pedestrian vs machine.” It also helps that my car is currently broken so maybe I had a vested interest in this picture before I even took it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment